Certificate in EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
There is probably no career more important than teaching and caring for children. The children of today are tomorrow’s leaders. One common misconception is that the only career choice in this field is to be a teacher. In reality, your career options can include being a childcare centre manager, an educational administrator, a school counsellor, an assistant principal or even the owner of a kindergarten.
ALFA College’s Certificate in ECE incorporates the theoretical components with practical elements and a perfect pathway into Diploma or employment right after this Certificate programme.
The programme we have in ALFA International College aims to build the teacher’s knowledge on how to work with children and their families as well as become trained and certified preschool teachers with admirable qualities:
- The capability of working together with young minds effectively.
- The ability to develop healthy relationship with their students in order to create a safe, fun, and productive learning environment.
- Dedication to teaching where teachers should be able to engage and motivate students to learn.
- An understanding that competent teachers should have sound knowledge of various areas.
- Assistant child care worker
- Assistant pre-school teacher
- Assistant education administrator
- Assistant special education teacher
- Assistant kindergarten operator
- Assistant children trainer
- Assistant principal
- SPM / UEC / O-Level or equivalent Minimum 1 credit
- Pass in BM and History for SPM
- 1.5 years (Full-Time)
- Malaysian Studies I
- Introduction to Time Management/ *Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Malaysian Civics
- Basic Approaches in Early Childhood Education
- Child Development I
- Infant/Toddler Care
- Managing a Child Care Centre
- Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Child Guidance
- Play Development
- Child Development II
- Professionalism for Early Childhood Educators
- Child, Family and Community First Aids for Baby/Emergency
- Communicative English
- Language Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Parental Involvement
- Visual Arts in Early Childhood Education