DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (ODL)
The Certificate / Diploma programme is aimed at preparing learners to meet the demands and challenges of the teaching profession at nursery and pre-school levels for both public and private centres. It is structured to enable graduates to acquire competencies in identifying the teaching and learning approaches for young children and professionally engaged in teaching-learning processes.Apply Now
There is probably no career more rewarding than working with young children and arguably no more important a role than the proper care and teaching of our most precious children.
As part of the National Key Economic Areas (NKEA), the Malaysian government now requires all childcare providers and pre-school teachers to meet minimum professional qualifications. ALFA College’s Diploma in ECE provides formal training in the study of ECE along with the academic qualifications now required of the profession.
1. The curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in the fundamentals of ECE.
2. The programme exposes students to have various schools of developmental understanding.
3. ALFA College administers internships through its partnership with R.E.A.L Kids and other kindergartens.
- Early childhood teachers
- Early childhood coordinator
- Kindergarten principal and assistant principal
- Child care manager
- Pre-school management consultancy
- Education administrator
- Special education teacher
- Children’s event organizer and promoter
- School counselor and guidance officer
- SPM / UEC / O-Level or equivalent Minimum 1 credit
- Pass in BM and History for SPM
- 1.5 years (Full-Time)
If you want to take it to the next level, you have come to the right place.
- Basic Philosophy Of Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Growth and Development of Human
- Foundations of Early Childhood Educational Research
- Principles and Practices of Teaching Young Children
- Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Child, Growth and Development
- Children with Special Needs
- Communicative English
- Application of Mathematics in Early Childhood
- Administration of Early Education Program
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Health, Safety and Nutrition for Young Children
- BahasaKebangsaan / Business Communication 2
- Music Appreciation in Early Childhood Education
- Science in Early Childhood
- Observation and Assessment in Young Children
- Tender Care and Early learning
- Physical Education in Early Childhood Education
- Guiding Young Children
- Application of Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Drama in Early Childhood Education
- Diversity and Young Children
- Childhood Language and Multi-Literacy
- Creative Expression and Play
- Creative Art Education for Young Children
- The Child, family and Community
- Community Service
- Professional Skills of Preschool Teachers